Tuesday 9 October 2012

First Change in the journey!


So, I was 83 kg on June, 2012. I have this record of paying for Fitness centers and buying fitness equipment and not use them.  This time i was clear that i am not going to waste money! My friend always used to say, if you have so much money to waste, why don’t you give me?

I started to walk 1 hour in the nearby park in the mornings.i.e. from 6:45AM to 7:45 AM. I was surprised by the local population who used to come for regular jogging/walking. This makes you feel, that yes, it is better late than never.  One day it started drizzling, and i went with a cap for walking. I was feeling little awkward, who will go for walk if it is drizzling. I was wrong, totally. People were jogging with umbrella held in one hand. This was an eye opener. We tend to find excuses for not being active. But people, who are serious, try to find methods to overcome the hurdles.

I always used to think; how people can continuously jog on a treadmill (athletes are living for fitness. So i never considered them in common people crowd). And i had never dream't that one day i would be able to run continuously for 20 mins.  Another myth burs ted!  The park near my house had a 1 km perimeter (irregular pentagon). So i started jogging for the shorted side of the pentagon, then walk the remaining. Like this i started with 3 rounds and went up to 6 rounds. Slowly i tried jogging alternate short sides and walking remaining sides. I could! Surprised again!  So this i achieved in some 3-4 weeks.. I used to look forward for sunrise so that i could go for walking.

Now, i missed out an important turning point in my Eating habits! I had once attempted the so called GM diet and failed miserably on end of Day 1. This was some 2-3 years back. Never had the courage to attempt it again! Anyway now that i am experimenting many things with fitness, i thought i will give this a try. So started the GM diet one fine day and surprisingly, i was amazed with my will power to carry it through all the 7 days. I really lost 3 kgs with this. Now, am a person who goes around and tell friends what i am up to. In such a conversation, one of my colleagues said that his wife has a book which says GM diet is not something which a person should try and all the weight you lose through GM diet you will gain back. So, now i thought “Challenge Accepted!” I am a great fan of Barney Stinson of the How i Met your Mother fame.  The struggle began to not gain back the lost weight.

Coming back to the book (my colleague couldn't name it , when he suggested it to me) ! The books name was “Don’t lose your mind, lose your weight”. Now this interested me in couple of ways. The author of this book, Rujuta Diwekar is Kareena Kapoor’s dietitian  And there are hell lot of fitness books which are floating around in this world. So you never know whether this is one of them or not.
Since i dint have any better things to do, started reading this book! Believe me, any person who is in a state of weight loosing mind and who has done similar kind of attempts like me and who has a very less confidence on the success of weight loss path, should READ this.  The principles are straight and amazingly true. Best part of it , you won’t get bored reading this book!. And, she succeeds in convincing you to try the methods that she has learnt. I love this book and i suggest this to anyone who is into a weight loss regime. This Helps!

Back to GM diet! The Day 4, asks you to live on 8 bananas and 3 cups of milk (no sugar added). I had never drank milk without sugar in my lifetime. But this time, i attempted it. I COULD. I seriously couldn't believe! And till date, i still drink milk without sugar.  This is a LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT for me!  Without boring you further, at the end of June, i had successfully lost 3 kgs and didn't gain it back!   

See you all in next post!  So i am at little less than 80kgs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment